Lily Gladstone speaks up on pronoun preferences









Lily Gladstone has recently elaborated on why the star prefers using both she and they as pronouns. In a new interview with PEOPLE, the Killers of the Flower Moon star said, “I remember being 9 years old and just being a little disheartened, seeing how often a lot of my boy cousins were misgendered because they wore their hair long.” Lily, who has Blackfeet and Nez Perce heritage, recalled, “It happens to a lot of kids, I think, especially Native boys leaving a community where long hair is celebrated [and then] just kind of getting teased for it.” “So, I remember back then being like, everybody should just be they,” remarked the 37-year-old. Lily explained, “In most Native languages, most Indigenous languages, Blackfeet included, there are no gendered pronouns.” “There is no he/she, there's only they,” she continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dave Robb, Hollywood labour champion, passes away at 74

IMF wants 18pc GST on top of PDL on petroleum products

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle send hidden message with 'glamorous' new photo