Marlena Shaw, Jazz singer's 'peaceful' death confirmed by family

https://vaitotoo.net/4/6814049https://vaitotoo.net/4/6814049

via The News International - Entertainment https://ift.tt/kKdW7tP

Marlena Shaw, the jazz and soul singer best known for her 1969 recording of “California Soul,” has died. She was 81.

Shaw’s daughter, Marla Bradshaw, confirmed her death in a video posted on Facebook on Friday (Jan. 19).

“It’s with a very heavy heart that for myself and our family, I announce that our beloved mother, your beloved icon and artist, Marlena Shaw, has passed away today at 12:03,” she said.

“She was peaceful,” she continued. “We were at peace. I know that you just saw posts of [a] birthday celebration just as soon as yesterday, and my twin sister and I were very grateful — and our family — that she was here in celebration for that.”

https://vaitotoo.net/4/6814049

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dave Robb, Hollywood labour champion, passes away at 74

IMF wants 18pc GST on top of PDL on petroleum products

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle send hidden message with 'glamorous' new photo